I so love birds! I'm not a devoted birder, but always love watching them. Here are some ideas for your bird lover. Each of the five gifts listed below are unique and special enough that your bird person will zealously thank-you and probably give you a big hug. And, the Robert Bateman Book and birdseed wreath are wonderful gifts for anyone!
- Robert Bateman BIRDS. A gorgeous coffee table art book that is filled with his beautiful drawings and fascinating stories from around the world. An internationally acclaimed wildlife artist and naturalist, his book is perfect to browse on a cold winter day while cuddled on the couch. Check it out among many by this amazing artist on Amazon.
- Birdseed wreath. These pretty wreaths will provide anyone lots of entertainment. Once they are hung on trees or fences, our feathered friends will flock to them, loving the much needed winter food source. You can find them in any bird store, such as Wild Birds Unlimited. And, they are an easy and fun DIY project. Just Google holidaybird seed wreath for directions.
- ibird Ultimate Guide to Birds App. I love this app. It's a wonderful field guide with all the reference info you might need when trying to identify a bird. It includes both photos and illustrations and is easy to search. Check out ibird.com for more information.
- Bird Songs. An audio CD or MP3 of bird songs is a relaxing way to start or end the day. You can find a variety of these on Amazon by searching for names such as morning songbirds or bird songs.
- The Sibley Guide to Birds, Second Edition. This is a wonderful reference book for any bird lover and touted as "the most comprehensive guide used by millions of birders from novices to experts." You can find it on Amazon or any other online book seller.
Do you have any favorite gifts for birders? If so, please share with us. New ideas are always needed for this special group! Please share with the button below.
Peace and Joy to all!