Walking is one of the simplist ways to get some exercise and clear your mental clutter. Here are some simple things you can do to get more out of your walk.
- Set a simple intention before you start your walk such as...
- I will be aware of my surroundings
- I will notice all of the flowers, animals, birds, trees or gorgeous views (choose one or two)
- I will be present and let my thoughts float on by
- I will embrace the season
- Feel your body. Your feet. Your strong legs. Set your posture. Shoulders back and arms loose. Thanks your body for giving you the physical stamina to do this.
- Start out positive...approach your walk with a sense of adventure, curiosity and discovery.
- Find a pace that feels right for you. If you are with others, set your pace together.
- If something is going on that you need to process mentally, give yourself 5 minutes, then let it go. You'll be amazed at the insight or clarity that will come later.
- Along the way look for things you've never noticed before and find interesting.
- Expect nothing but the best on your walk.
Are you looking for someone to walk with or a fun, interesting walking route? Then come join us for our monthly walks! Check out our Seattle Walks page and subscribe to Nature Me get all the details delivered to your inbox.